How to  log a data variable using hiwave simulator??

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to  log a data variable using hiwave simulator??

Jump to solution
rubykrishna
Contributor III

Actually im using hi wave simulator supported from Codewarrior IDE 5.1. Currently  i need to monitor a variable for a day and log the respective data.

Is there any provision in Hi wave to do tht?? please help!

Labels (1)
1 Solution
RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ruby,

I suppose that you have two basic options:

1.You could implement software routine into you software which will periodically sends variable values trough some channel (like SCI) and use any of serial terminals for logging. This is one of simples method, but it presents additional load for CPU.

Some extension of this principle presents FreeMaster tool.

www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=FREEMASTER

2.You could write your own script for hiwave. Unfortunately I have limited experience in that direction. Please look at debugger documentation:

c:\Program Files (x86)\Freescale\CWS12v5.1\Help\PDF\Debugger_HC12.pdf

I could imagine case where you use commands like:

CALL – Executes a command file

DEFINE - Defines a user symbol

LF - Opens a log file

LOG - Enables or disables logging of a specified information type

WHILE - WHILE loop instruction

WAIT - Command file execution pause

DW - Displays memory bytes as words

Note: Example of using command line files are unsecure cmd files in project cmd directory.

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
RadekS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ruby,

I suppose that you have two basic options:

1.You could implement software routine into you software which will periodically sends variable values trough some channel (like SCI) and use any of serial terminals for logging. This is one of simples method, but it presents additional load for CPU.

Some extension of this principle presents FreeMaster tool.

www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=FREEMASTER

2.You could write your own script for hiwave. Unfortunately I have limited experience in that direction. Please look at debugger documentation:

c:\Program Files (x86)\Freescale\CWS12v5.1\Help\PDF\Debugger_HC12.pdf

I could imagine case where you use commands like:

CALL – Executes a command file

DEFINE - Defines a user symbol

LF - Opens a log file

LOG - Enables or disables logging of a specified information type

WHILE - WHILE loop instruction

WAIT - Command file execution pause

DW - Displays memory bytes as words

Note: Example of using command line files are unsecure cmd files in project cmd directory.

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
RadekS

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!