cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OSA, to use or not to use?

Jump to solution
peterfurey
Contributor IV

We're using MQX and have no foreseeable need or intention to port the application to another OS. However, I always like to write things as portable as possible just in case. Are there any strong opinions out there whether or not it's a good idea to use or not to use OSA in this case? Thanks for any input.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Peter

You can remove the OSA and call MQX API directly,   but I don't think this can save much space. you can read the source code,  this layer is just some wrappers, it defines a common set of services that abstract most of the OS kernel functionalities.  If you keep OSA as it is, it does bring lots of conveniences, you can work with or without an operating system.

Regards

Daniel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Peter

You can remove the OSA and call MQX API directly,   but I don't think this can save much space. you can read the source code,  this layer is just some wrappers, it defines a common set of services that abstract most of the OS kernel functionalities.  If you keep OSA as it is, it does bring lots of conveniences, you can work with or without an operating system.

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos
peterfurey
Contributor IV

Thanks Daniel, I'll switch over to it, I noticed that PE uses it by default which I'll be using, so might as well be consistent.

0 Kudos