RTC-isl1208

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTC-isl1208

imravi
Contributor II

I am trying to interface rtc-isl1208 to my custom board. i am using i2c0 to connect to isl1208 but the check in the driver for the device fails each time. (i2c_validate_client)

I have done the following to connect the rtc in my linux BSP

changed the mx28evk.c

static struct i2c_board_info __initdata mxs_i2c_device[] = {

// { I2C_BOARD_INFO("sgtl5000-i2c", 0x14), .flags = I2C_M_TEN }

{ I2C_BOARD_INFO("rtc-isl1208", 0x6f), .flags = I2C_M_TEN }

};

and then compiled the rtc-isl1208 as a module and as part of the kernel both. But both ways it fails.

Please if anyone can tell how to find out the problem or if i am doing something wrong

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi ravi

it may be recommended to check if i2c port is working correctly

with bare metal obds i2c test

On-Board Diagnostic Suit for the i.MX28 (REV 1)

i.MX28 Evaluation Kit|Freescale

then one can add debug printfs to rtc-isl1208 probe function to

narrow down problem in linux.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

imravi
Contributor II

I have tried running the obds but the problem is that the custom board we have made is having nand flash and obds is not starting up on the custom board. If you can guide me how to run the obds from nand flash. It prints a address when i try to boot it using obds. I used to get a similar error with the evk when i was using a non hab image with the evk.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

obds can be flashed to nand in the same manner as you are flashing

uboot. You can try just to rename it.

~igor

0 Kudos

imravi
Contributor II

when i am porting obds binary by using mfgtool to the custom board by renaming the file as linux.sb it is ported successfully. But when i am powering on the custom borad with nand as boot mode it gives this message.

HTLLCL0x80501001

so i have tried to put debug messages in the probe method of the driver. The probe method is failing at the (i2c_validate_client) method.

I have even tried i2ctools and checked if it is able to find any slave device on the i2c-0 but it cannot find any slave on the bus. How can i find out where the problem is.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

also one can run obds with jtag,  just use *.inc file in tools folder

for board initialization.

~igor

0 Kudos