Error when attempting to install 10.4 Microcontroller Drivers Suite in latest DS-5

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when attempting to install 10.4 Microcontroller Drivers Suite in latest DS-5

Jump to solution
dachancellor
Contributor II

I just received my Vybrid Tower Kit.

I installed the latest version of DS-5 (5.22).

When attempting to install 10.4 Microcontroller Drivers Suite for Processor Expert support, the install fails.

An error occurred while installing the items

session context was:(profile=SDKProfile, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Install, operand=null --> [R]com.freescale.processorexpert.standalone_root 10.4.0, action=com.fresscale.updater.customactions.actions.FreescaleInstall).

org/eclipse/core/runtime/adaptor/LocationManager

org/eclipse/core/runtime/adaptor/LocationManager

The zip file for installing mentions Eclipse 3.7 and 4.2.

The latest version of DS-5 is Eclipse 4.4.2.

Is this the issue ?

Is there a version of the Microcontroller Drivers Suite that works in DS-5 (5.22) ?

Thanks,

Chandler

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Processor Expert Driver Suite v10.4 is only up to Eclipse Kepler. The 10.4 plugin installer does not run in Eclipse Luna (4.4) due a compatibility issue.

There is a plugin for Eclipse Luna (4.4), it is for Kinetis, not for Vybrid.

pastedImage_1.png

So this one should work with DS-5 (Luna based), but will not support Vybrid. And there are currently no plans to make an update for Vybrid. So if you are using Vybrid with DS-5 with Processor Expert, you have to use pre-4.4 Eclipse.

Best regards,

Erich

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I do not know how you are trying to install PE. But the driver suite is delivered and installed as a comprehensive product with the Eclipse 4.2 (Juno) IDE. It is also available as an Eclipse plug-in for existing Eclipse 3.7 (Indigo) and Eclipse 4.2 (Juno) installations. I do not think it can be installed as a plug-in in DS-5.

Best Regards,

Alejandro

0 Kudos
dachancellor
Contributor II

Alejandro,

I was using the provided Plugins to install into DS-5, PExDrv 10.4 and 10.4 Update 3.

I installed an older version of DS-5 which runs Eclipse 3.7 (5.17.1), and the plugin installation worked fine.

My question was if there were any updated plugin files or plans to support the later versions of DS-5, which run Eclipse 4.4+

Also, you are correct that the driver suite runs fine as a standalone Eclipse 4.2 IDE capable of generating PE code.

V/r,

Chandler

0 Kudos
alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I looked for information regarding the PE roadmap but I had no success. BlackNight​ sorry to trouble you, I wonder if you have information that may help.

Best Regards,

Alejandro

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Processor Expert Driver Suite v10.4 is only up to Eclipse Kepler. The 10.4 plugin installer does not run in Eclipse Luna (4.4) due a compatibility issue.

There is a plugin for Eclipse Luna (4.4), it is for Kinetis, not for Vybrid.

pastedImage_1.png

So this one should work with DS-5 (Luna based), but will not support Vybrid. And there are currently no plans to make an update for Vybrid. So if you are using Vybrid with DS-5 with Processor Expert, you have to use pre-4.4 Eclipse.

Best regards,

Erich

0 Kudos
dachancellor
Contributor II

Thanks Erich !

0 Kudos