ReferencedRSESystems.xml in TFS Version Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ReferencedRSESystems.xml in TFS Version Control

dominikbenz
Contributor I

We use CodeWarrior 10.6 with the Team Foundation Server Plugin to work with our Version Control System in TFS. When we open a project the File ReferencedRSESystems.xml always gets checked out automatically and showed up under pending changes. But the file does not contain any changes. I can compare it with the latest in version control, that shows no changes. What information is stored in this file? Does  anybody know how to disable this automatic checkout? Does anybody have experiences with this files under version control? kind regards Dominik

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dominik,

The ReferencedRSESystems.xml file is a ‘cache’ file that has all the referenced RSE (Remote System Explorer) settings. RSEs are used to store the debug connection information and it is updated automatically in the background by Eclipse. It is recommended to keep this file under the version control system otherwise you will not have any debugging settings for your project.

I think that the following post created by our colleague Erich Styger might be helpful for you, it explains the usage of version control with CodeWarrior projects:

Dissection of MCU10 Projects | MCU on Eclipse

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Carlos Mendoza

Technical Support Engineer

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos