Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to blink selected segment while others not blinking

Jump to solution
blurblur
Contributor II

Hi,

I am using Mk30 to drive my LCD. I got problem to blink  some of the segment on my LCD. If I turn on the bit LCD_AR_BLINK, it will blink all the display. Is there any other register that I should take care of? Please advise.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
EarlOrlando
Senior Contributor II

Hello Norzilah,

As you said, the register LCD_AR[BLINK] lets you blink all the display and there is not a register that allows to blink just one segment in your display. However, The blink mode have two different modes of operation (chosen by the register LCD_AR[BMODE]). When LCD_AR[BLINK] = 1, the display will blinks at the frequency specified by the LCD blink rate calculation. When LCD_AR[BMODE] = 0 the display will be blank during the blink period but when LCD_AR[BMODE] = 1 the display will show an alternate display during the blink period. You can select LCD_AR[BMODE] = 1 and configure the alternate display to has the segment turned off.

pastedImage_0.png

Please let me know if this information is useful for you or if I can do anything else for you.

Best regards,

Earl Orlando.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
EarlOrlando
Senior Contributor II

Hello Norzilah,

As you said, the register LCD_AR[BLINK] lets you blink all the display and there is not a register that allows to blink just one segment in your display. However, The blink mode have two different modes of operation (chosen by the register LCD_AR[BMODE]). When LCD_AR[BLINK] = 1, the display will blinks at the frequency specified by the LCD blink rate calculation. When LCD_AR[BMODE] = 0 the display will be blank during the blink period but when LCD_AR[BMODE] = 1 the display will show an alternate display during the blink period. You can select LCD_AR[BMODE] = 1 and configure the alternate display to has the segment turned off.

pastedImage_0.png

Please let me know if this information is useful for you or if I can do anything else for you.

Best regards,

Earl Orlando.

0 Kudos
blurblur
Contributor II

Dear Earl Orlando,

How about if I am using 8 duty cycle? How do I handle the segment blinking? Thanks for the answer.

0 Kudos