cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Headless build trouble

Jump to solution
davidsherman
Senior Contributor I

This might be a question for Erich Styger, but I've followed his example on doing headless builds.  When I tried to run it though, I'm getting an error.  When I look at the source, it says:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: The platform metadata area could not be written: C:\KDSProjects\Git\C3MainPM\.c:\KDSProjects\.metadata.  By default the platform writes its content

under the current working directory when the platform is launched.  Use the -data parameter to

specify a different content area for the platform.

Windows seems to show that .metadata is read only, but I can't seem to make it writable, even though KDS is not open.

I'm trying to launch the build using:

c:\freescale\KDS_3.0.0\eclipse\eclipsec -nosplash -application org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.headlessbuild -data .c:\KDSProjects -build "C3MainPM/release"

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Just a wild guess, try to pass the .ini like below:

c:\freescale\kds_3.0.0\eclipse\eclipsec.exe -nosplash -application org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.headlessbuild -data .\wsp_kds3.0.0 -build MyProject --launcher.ini c:\Freescale\KDS_3.0.0\eclipse\kinetis-design-studio.ini --launcher.suppressErrors

Erich

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Just a wild guess, try to pass the .ini like below:

c:\freescale\kds_3.0.0\eclipse\eclipsec.exe -nosplash -application org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.headlessbuild -data .\wsp_kds3.0.0 -build MyProject --launcher.ini c:\Freescale\KDS_3.0.0\eclipse\kinetis-design-studio.ini --launcher.suppressErrors

Erich

0 Kudos
davidsherman
Senior Contributor I

Thank you Erich!  Seems the root of the problem was I had mistakenly put in the project directory instead of the workspace.  It's building properly now.

0 Kudos