AnsweredAssumed Answered

i.MX6 beginner advice

Question asked by Louis Castro on Aug 2, 2015
Latest reply on Aug 3, 2015 by CarlosCasillas

Hi all!

I have been asked to research i.MX6 for a job interview and I was told to look up

- the basics of i.MX6

- the Linux skill tree

The above information was all that was given to me and I am confused on where I should begin. I have done some brief research and have learned that i.MX6 processors are known to provide image processing capabilities, HD video, and other multimedia capabilities. I was told there are plenty of tutorials available online and I will continue doing my own research after this post, but since I do have a limited amount of time to research, I figured the best way to get started quickly would be to ask the i.MX community for some guidance.

I would really appreciate it if you folks could share some links to videos, written tutorials, or your own information that could help me get started. Please keep in mind I do not have a i.MX development board to work with, but I imagine that I wouldn't need one for the questions they will be asking me. If you would like to recommend a good board for beginners that would be great (I was considering the Wandboard). I've also learned that the company uses Qt and Gstreamer, so if anyone here is familiar with these tools feel free to share any information that might help.

I have a lot of research to do these next ~4 days and would appreciate any guidance/advice. Thank you for reading!

Outcomes