Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX6 POWER——PF0100 NP or F0,What is the difference

Jump to solution
chencong
Contributor II

HI,

1.NP means Not programming?How to select the detail chip?

2.power on the first time,can the PMU work without I2C configuration? IMX6QS5E has not powered up?how to config the PMU with I2C BUS?

the default configuration can power up imx6 or not?if it can power up with the default configuration,is it stable?are the voltage normal and at the type value?

Must the CPU  congfig the PMU every time when it just power up?

Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
chencong
Contributor II
0 Kudos
3 Replies
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi chencong,

Correct, just as you properly mentioned, the start-up of the MMPF0100 depends on the VDDOTP pin connection.

Basically, even if you have the “NP” (Not Programed) version of the PMIC, if VDDOTP pin is connected to VCOREDIG, the PMIC will start-up with the “Default Configuration” from Table 10 of the image you attached above.

If the VDDOTP pin of a “NP” version of the PMIC is connected to GND, the PMIC will not start.

*This is only true when the PMIC has not been OTP programmed by the customer.

You can prototype (TBB) and program (OTP) the PMIC trough I2C, and once the device is OTP programmed the “NP” version should start with your programmed configuration when you connect VDDOTP to GND.

For OTP programming, I like to recommend you to take a look at the application note AN4536 “MMPF0100 OTP Programming Instructions”.

And about the differences between “NP” and “F0” version of the PMIC, basically is that the “F0” is already OTP programmed with the configuration under “F0” of the Table 10 of the image you attached above, which can be selected by connecting VDDOTP pin to GND.

Have a great day,
Jose Reyes

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

chencong
Contributor II

thank you for your reply!I think I get the mainpoint!

0 Kudos
chencong
Contributor II

QQ截图20150804155744.png

0 Kudos