cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bootloader Terminal Software

rayhall
Contributor V

This is written in the "Read Me" file for a S12X bootloader example,

On the PC side, all that is needed is a simple terminal program like Hyperterminal. The terminal program needs to be set for 9600 baud, no parity, 1 start/stop bit and XOn/XOff handshaking. The bootloader uses SCI0 for communication with the PC.

After entering the "Program Flash" command at the prompt, the terminal's "Send Text File" capability should be used to send an S-Record file to the target S12X.

I write my own PC software using C++ Builder. I want to include the bootloder update in my software. What I do not understand is what communication protocol is used for the file transfer. Is it ZModem, Ymodem, Xmodem or some other method.

Also does any one have an example.

Ray.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ray,

S12X bootloader example was created for S12X at 250nm technology. It means S12XD, S12XA, S12XHZ families. I saw in your second thread, that you want use S12G family. Unfortunately this MCU will be not compatible with S12X bootloader example code (rework for S12G is unnecessarily complicated). Please use rather AN4258 Serial Bootloader for S12(X) Microcontrollers Based on 180 nm Technology as inspiration for your own solution.

http://www.freescale.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/app_note/AN4258.pdf

http://www.freescale.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/app_note/AN4258SW.zip

About communication protocol)

There isn’t used any file transfer protocol for communication. Data are not compressed and they are transferred as simple data stream.

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
RadekS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------