Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field upgrade firmware

Jump to solution
mstone59
Contributor II
Hello,

I'm relatively new to embedded programming. I've worked on a project that uses a MCF5213, I was told yesterday that I need to make the firmware field upgradable. The only current interface I have is RS485 through one of the uarts. It would be great to find an example implementation for this micro, but even pointing me to a good book would be great. Please help, I have to be done by January 20th, 2008.

Thank you.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
mstone59
Contributor II
Thank you for the feedback. I was able to convince my supervisor that this feature should be added to the next revision of software. I am starting my research on it now.

Thank you,
Mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SimonMarsden_de
Contributor II
Hi

A good place to start might be to look at the source code of the dBUG application. This is the resident monitor which comes with the Freescale evaluation boards. It would show you how to reprogram the Flash on the MCF5213, and how to bring the chip up and configure a serial port. You'd still need to do a fair amount of work, but it might be a useful resource.

The dBUG source should be downloadable from Freescale's web site.

Hope this helps

Simon
0 Kudos
mstone59
Contributor II
Thank you for the feedback. I was able to convince my supervisor that this feature should be added to the next revision of software. I am starting my research on it now.

Thank you,
Mike
0 Kudos