Lucas Sienk

MC9S08QD4 Issues

Discussion created by Lucas Sienk on Dec 5, 2007
Latest reply on Dec 8, 2007 by Dennis Shutt
Hey everyone, I'm having some very basics issues with the demo board that I'm working with and was hoping that I could get some help. Here's what I'm trying to do in a nutshell:
We have a new design featuring this chip so we ordered a demo board and it's my job to figure out how to use it. After playing around with it for awhile, I was able to the code I needed to run, but it doesn't seem that this code is interacting with the outside world.
The code I'm trying to test looks for a falling edge and then produces a pulse for 2ms. I'm just inputting a square wave into the board, because all I really need is a falling edge.
I have it setup now that I'm connecting in CodeWarrior using P&E Multilink/Cyclone Pro via USB, but I have a feeling that this isn't the right setting. When I try using SofTec HSC08 or HCS08 Serial Monitor, it tells me that I can't connect.
What I'm really looking for is a way to connect to the PC and run/download/whatever the code from there so the chip reads it and reacts to the outside signal I'm inputting. Sorry for being longwinded, but I'm really at an impass here.
Luke

Outcomes