Using USB MultiLink in Kinetis Design Studio 3 with MK02 microcontroller and getting error "System Tried To Join A Dreive To A Directory On A Joined Drive."

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using USB MultiLink in Kinetis Design Studio 3 with MK02 microcontroller and getting error "System Tried To Join A Dreive To A Directory On A Joined Drive."

rampsr
Contributor III

Background:

Had always used CodeWarrior 10.3 with a PE Micro Multilink Universal FX for my MKL05Z. I don't use the EVAL boards. Using my own PCBs with the Vdd, Vss, CLK, DIO, RESET pins to program microcontroller during testing. Final product uses a pre-programmer.

Just recently: I am migrating over to the MK02 microcontroller. I downloaded Kinetis Design Studio 3. I designed a test PCB and have the Same pins connected as above to my USB MultiLink FX.

Problem:

I am unable to communicate with the USB MultiLink.

I choose FLASH FROM FILE.

Then the GDB PEMICRO INTERFACE DEBUGGING configuration. ( I am not using OpenOCD ore the SEGGER)

57460_57460.pngpastedImage_1.png

Then after a timeout I get the following error:

57468_57468.pngpastedImage_2.png

I have never dealt with using a GDB or this "LocalHost" environment since CodeWarrior 10.3 was not using a local server.

In all honesty, I would be happy with the ability to simply FLASH the .ELF file to the microcontroller without having to deal with debugging or servers. Is there a way I can simply send the file to the microcontroller without all this hassle?

Anyhow, I'd like to get my project going and I am burning company time trying to fiddle around with simply trying to get the development software working so I can begin testing my devices...

If anyone provides a solution and/or questions, please assume I don't know my @^# (rear end) from a hole in the ground and guide me to where I should look for certain items.

UPDATED INFORMATION:

I set up a dummy project to program my existing MKL05 Kinetis microcontroller. Everything worked fine. Flashing the part was successful. One thing to note however: When setting up the project, the MKL05 is unable to use the KSDK 1.2.0, so I disabled it all together and only had Processor Expert selected.

As for the MK02 (The one I'm trying to get working), when I set up the project, I am not able to deselect the KSDK option and still be able to use Processor Expert. See the image below.

57484_57484.pngpastedImage_1.png

Am I the only one having the problem because it's not like I went in and changed a whole bunch of custom configurations. I simply installed the software, installed the updates, and tried to build a project and program the microcontroller...

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Rampsr,

Please take a look to Erich's recommendations on these posts and let me know if they help with your connection problems,:

GDB Client and Server: Unlocking GDB | MCU on Eclipse

Debugging Failure: Check List and Hints | MCU on Eclipse

If the problem persist then it is possible that it is a hardware problem, in that case, could you share your schematics so I can review them?

Regarding the new project wizard not allowing you to select only Processor Expert for the MK02 device, this is because the K02 device is not directly supported by KDS,  the support for the MK02 device is only through KSDK.

You can review the devices supported by KDS here:

http://cache.freescale.com/files/soft_dev_tools/doc/support_info/KDS300RN.pdf

And the additional supported devices after installing the KSDK 1.2 update here:

http://cache.freescale.com/files/soft_dev_tools/doc/support_info/KSDK120RN.pdf

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Carlos Mendoza

Technical Support Engineer

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos