Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Host DMA to internal SRAM - Data abort

Jump to solution
dirkschmitt
Contributor I

Hi all,

I use the freescale driver for USB Host to connect a mass storage device and read a file on it into the ddr memory which is attached to the vybrid.

This works well. Now I tried to stream the msd file content to the vybrids internal 512 kByte SRAM. If I do so the vybrid gets an data abort if the DMA

of the host controller starts to stream the msd file content to the internal SRAM.

Picture below shows my intenetion. While the USB Host DMA streams his transaction data into the internal SRAM, the Processor

can do any other stuff on the ddr memory without any interruption.

Why do I get an data abort if the dma starts his work?

Thanks for your help.

SRAM_DMA.PNG

0 Kudos
1 Solution
CommunityBot
Community Manager
This an automatic process.

We are marking this post as solved, due to the either low activity or any reply marked as correct.

If you have additional questions, please create a new post and reference to this closed post.

NXP Community!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CommunityBot
Community Manager
This an automatic process.

We are marking this post as solved, due to the either low activity or any reply marked as correct.

If you have additional questions, please create a new post and reference to this closed post.

NXP Community!
0 Kudos
jiri-b36968
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Dirk,

DMA transfer can be interrupted due many reasons (bus error, incorrect descriptors,...). Please check DMAx_ES ans DMAx_ERR registers.

Theoretically:

SRAM and SDRAM has similar throughput (on NIC 64 b / 133-166MHz both). SRAM has significantly less latency. So here should not be the limitation.

Question is if some other master on NIC does need SRAM. Where is your program runs from? Please describe your use case (operating system or baremetal, which core,...).

/Jiri