0 Kudos
4 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please refer to Chapter 24 [CPU Frequency Scaling (CPUFREQ) Driver]

of “i.MX_6_Linux_Reference_Manual.pdf”. Basically You may try to change

CPUFREQ driver sources and CPU frequency working point settings, but

You have to test changes very carefully.

https://www.freescale.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L3.14.28_1.0.0_LINUX_DOCS&location=null&fpsp=1&WT_...

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

tony_l_cai
Contributor III

Hi,Yuri

I confront a problem that I cannot change the default CPU governor that I write the cmd "write /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor "performance"" in init.rc when I dont comment the macro CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_CONSERVATIVE.And the default governor is conservative. Until I comment the macro CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_CONSERVATIVE,the above cmd can excute.So I want to know where has set the default governor?

3Q~

0 Kudos

BiyongSUN
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please change it in the kernel configuration.

│                                                                                                                                                                 │

│ Prompt: Default CPUFreq governor                                                                                                                                │

│   Location:                                                                                                                                                     │

│     -> CPU Power Management                                                                                                                                     │

│       -> CPU Frequency scaling                                                                                                                                  │

│         -> CPU Frequency scaling (CPU_FREQ [=y])                                                                                                                │

│   Defined at drivers/cpufreq/Kconfig:48                                                                                                                         │

│   Depends on: ARCH_HAS_CPUFREQ [=y] && CPU_FREQ [=y]                                                                                                            │

│   Selected by: ARCH_HAS_CPUFREQ [=y] && CPU_FREQ [=y] && m

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please check if Your system has “cpufrequtils”, which  includes a daemon to allow
users to set the desired scaling, governor and min/max clock speeds for all processor

cores at boot-time, using cpufreq-set utility.

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos