cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android LL disable screen lock and suspend

Jump to solution
kamilbystryk
Contributor III

I would like to display was always on, regardless of the time set in menu.

I changed "def_screen_off_timeout" in file /frameworks/base/packages/SettingsProvider/res/values/defaults.xml to "-1" value, however nothing has changed.

What should be amended to

- trun off default lock

- display was always on?

Labels (2)
1 Solution
gary_bisson
Senior Contributor III

Hi Kamil,

If you want to turn off the lock screen you can copy this overlay:

android_device_boundary/defaults.xml at boundary-imx-l5.0.0_1.0.0-ga · boundarydevices/android_devic...

As for the timeout, although -1 should be working, you can try adding the following line to that same overlay:

<bool name="def_stay_on_while_plugged_in">true</bool>

Regards,

Gary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
gary_bisson
Senior Contributor III

Hi Kamil,

If you want to turn off the lock screen you can copy this overlay:

android_device_boundary/defaults.xml at boundary-imx-l5.0.0_1.0.0-ga · boundarydevices/android_devic...

As for the timeout, although -1 should be working, you can try adding the following line to that same overlay:

<bool name="def_stay_on_while_plugged_in">true</bool>

Regards,

Gary

0 Kudos
kamilbystryk
Contributor III

Thaks for answer,

I set as the default no lock setting. I know method of use developer setting "stay awake", but I treat it as only a partial solution - user can disable this option.

I think we can be use this method, however it would require remove setting "stay awake" from "developer settings" menu. You could prompt where is the application of "settings" menu?

0 Kudos
gary_bisson
Senior Contributor III

Hi Kamil,

Well the same goes with the timeout value, the user can still modify it under the Settings > Display. As for hiding the menu, you have to look under packages/apps/Settings.

For instance, you could disable the developer options menu here, so nobody could change the "Stay Awake" nor enable/disable ADB:

Cross Reference: /packages/apps/Settings/src/com/android/settings/DeviceInfoSettings.java

Regards,

Gary

0 Kudos
SergioSolis
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Kamil,

Do you mean you want to keep the screen on all the time?... do you want this to work on an specific app or running on the system?

0 Kudos
kamilbystryk
Contributor III

Hello Sergio,

Its wall mounted controller with system suplly, so i want to have always active display (with system launcher), without sleep / suspend.

0 Kudos