How to save the expressions in the data2 window of the hiwave?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to save the expressions in the data2 window of the hiwave?

xiaochenqiang
Contributor II

I Want to add the variables  to view in the data2 window, but every time I download the program again,the last increased variables lost, it  need to increase again,it need to  increase every time , it is too trouble, is there a way  which can save these variables?

There is, in fact, when the beginning of a project, these variables can be saved, but over time, add the variable before deleting, and adding new variables to die, I do not know the software BUG, or have other What is the mechanism?

Great God for help, thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

xiaochenqiang
Contributor II

I have solved the problem just now,See the picture below,its described the expression saved in the project.xpr file,

and the project.xpr in the bin file,so open the project.xpr file and modify it,save,and then the expression display in the window of data will display as the content of project.xpr.

@ZhangJennie,不知道你看懂上面的英语描述了没有,反正就是修改一下工程文件bin文件下的project.xpr内容,就可以在hiwave.exe的data1/2窗口里,按project.xpr内容显示了;

个人觉得hiwave应该有bug,project.xpr有时是能够在点击保存时保存,但是多数情况下是保存不了的,不知道为什么。

H[~A@`JG}2X[P0$IQ`{QV2R.jpg

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi xiaochen,

thanks for your feedback. I think I understand your input.

the key problem is, as you described, SOMETIMES expression can be stored in xpr file, while SOMETIMES not.

it's necessary to know in what kind of condition then expression can not be stored in xpr.

unfortunately, I tested several times I couldn't reproduce the problem. Question is: How to reproduce the issue?

in stead of modifying .xpr file as you did, can you try to remove the old .xpr file, then perform save setting in debugger again? thus it can generate a new .xpr file. see how this one works?

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

you need save debugger configuration for next launch.

see my attached video i just made.

can this help you?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

xiaochenqiang
Contributor II

I have described the way you said in my question,I know save the configuration can save,but Over a period of time,It is not works any more!

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

please let me know how to reproduce your problem?

maybe with your demo code.

how long/how many times can your project work normal, then failed after?

Have a great day,

Zhang Jun

0 Kudos