Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eclipse for DS-5 Debug problem

Jump to solution
chinmay_a
Contributor I

Hello all,

I got the TWR-VF65GS10-KIT 2 days ago, installed DS-5 and assembled the tower according to the instructions in the "Jump Start Your Design".

The out of the box demo works fine and I can enter bootloader mode and exit it.

I imported a few demo projects from the Vybrid Sample Code folder(Freescale website) and some from DS-5 Bare-metal_board_examples(ARM DS-5 website).

Now I am trying to start a debug session by following the instructions in this video from Freescale and a video from ARM DS-5 webpage.

But in both cases when I go Run>Debug Configurations>DS-5 Debugger and select the configuration mentioned in the video I see a error message displayed:

"Configuration for connection type 'Bare Metal Debug' is not valid - Connection cannot be empty."

Target connection selected is CMSIS-DAP.

I tried the ready-made configurations which were listed under DS-5 Debugger (Freescale-Vybrid-VF6xx-A5_RAM, Vybrid Cortex-A5 CMSIS-DAP... ).

But in all cases I see the same error.

I also followed this tutorial to ensure that CMSIS_DAP is enabled.

Can anyone point out where am I going wrong?

What is the standard procedure to download a program in to this kit?

Can I use CodeWarrior Development Suite for this kit?

Thank you,

Chinmay.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
CommunityBot
Community Manager
This an automatic process.

We are marking this post as solved, due to the either low activity or any reply marked as correct.

If you have additional questions, please create a new post and reference to this closed post.

NXP Community!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CommunityBot
Community Manager
This an automatic process.

We are marking this post as solved, due to the either low activity or any reply marked as correct.

If you have additional questions, please create a new post and reference to this closed post.

NXP Community!
0 Kudos
jiri-b36968
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Chinmay,

please look here and Vybrid TWR-VF65 debug and here dual debug connection

were you able to find valid connection on Connection tab?

If not use DS5 5.19 and higher and update CMSIS-DAP firmware from attachment on the thread Vybrid TWR-VF65 debug.

No CW cannot be  used. DS-5 is recommended tool. IAR also can be used.

/Jiri