Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6 Carplay (3.10.17)

Jump to solution
brucecollie
Contributor I

Hi,

I am currently working on implementing Apple's Carplay software on an i.MX6 board. This requires USB OTG role swapping, which is not included in the supported BSP I am using:

Board: imx6qsabreauto

BSP: 3.10.17

This functionality is implemented in version 3.17 of the kernel, and this thread suggests that a patch exists to include the functionality in 3.10.17.

Is there any way to build 3.17 for the device, or can anyone point me in the right direction to obtain a patch for 3.10.17?

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Bruce,

I got the patch and I also realized that Yong posted it on the referenced thread. You can find the patch here:

https://community.freescale.com/thread/351582#528873

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Bruce,

I have asked for the patch. I will post an update as soon as having news.

Best regards!

/Carlos

0 Kudos
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Bruce,

I got the patch and I also realized that Yong posted it on the referenced thread. You can find the patch here:

https://community.freescale.com/thread/351582#528873

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
brucecollie
Contributor I

Hi Carlos,

Would you be able to let me know the licensing situation with the supplied patch? We would like to be able to distribute the code as part of our product if possible.

Thanks

0 Kudos
brucecollie
Contributor I

Hi Carlos,

I did indeed receive the patch from Yong. I am happy to report that it works as intended.

Thanks for all your help,

Bruce

0 Kudos