If I'm using a mk66 part how do I wire it for only using one usb port?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I'm using a mk66 part how do I wire it for only using one usb port?

Jump to solution
jeromeronne
Contributor I

The data sheet only mentions not using both ports:

pastedImage_0.png

I'm thinking tie Vreg_IN0 to Vreg_IN1

I would use the USB1 port so I have bus detect. then float USB0_DP and USB0_DM

Vreg_out would have some caps for filtering but otherwise would not be used.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

There is a Note at K66 chapter 53 USB Voltage Regulator:

When USB is not used in the application, it is recommended to connect VREGOUT and VREG_INx together and tie to ground

through a 10kΩ resistor. Do not tie directly to ground, as this causes a latch-up risk. For systems where only one of the VREG_INx pins is ever used, it is also recommended to connect the two VREG_INx pins together.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

There is a Note at K66 chapter 53 USB Voltage Regulator:

When USB is not used in the application, it is recommended to connect VREGOUT and VREG_INx together and tie to ground

through a 10kΩ resistor. Do not tie directly to ground, as this causes a latch-up risk. For systems where only one of the VREG_INx pins is ever used, it is also recommended to connect the two VREG_INx pins together.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
jeromeronne
Contributor I

I had decided to just tie the two regulator inputs together. It is always good to get verification that design choices are correct!

0 Kudos