Builds and build hierarchies

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Builds and build hierarchies

davidsherman
Senior Contributor I

I have reconfigured my MQX-Lite project to use libraries, and made separate build projects to create the libraries.  Many thanks to Erich Styger for his article on how to do that!  One thing that leaves me a little perplexed is if I recompile one of these libraries, occasionally KDS insists on doing a clean build, but not always.  Sometimes it just links the new library, as it should.  What would trigger a clean build, short of telling it "build clean"?  I just right-click and use "build project".  Second, is there a way (possibly related to my first question), to have some semblance of a Makefile? If I touch a source in one of those libraries, is there a way to make it smart enough to know it might need to compile that library and just link it in? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

davidsherman
Senior Contributor I

I may have found part of the answer, if I uncheck "build automatically" under the project menu it doesn't seem to build from scratch.  If I'm not changing Processor Expert settings, is it OK to leave that off if I don't need to regenerate the Processor Expert code?

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello David,

If you don't want to generate the Processor Expert code , please right click the project ,

then click "properties " , then :

pastedImage_0.png

Hope it helps

Have a great day,

Alice

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

davidsherman
Senior Contributor I

You did not answer my question.  I'm well aware I can disable code generation.  I am trying to understand why KDS insists on rebuilding the entire project when there is no need, as in the example I gave where I recompiled a library.  KDS should just link in the new library and be done in seconds, but instead it recompiles all of MQX-Lite, and the application code.

0 Kudos