imx6qsabresd Linux remote file access and Eclipse debug

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6qsabresd Linux remote file access and Eclipse debug

ritesh_panchal
Contributor I

I am using imx6qsabresd board running fsl-image-multimedia-full linux 3.14.28 based image.

I want to access my board file system remotely over ethernet/usb.

So tell me the procedure how to access? or which packages i need to add in image?

And another i am using eclipse for cross compiling application for the board. I want to debug my application on my board from eclipse on my PC.

I configured ssh and gdb as per the yocto manual. But i think there are some package missing in my linux image.

So what's the procedure to enable this?

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Add this to your conf/local.conf

EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES = "debug-tweaks tools-debug eclipse-debug ssh-server-openssh"

CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL += "openssh-sftp openssh-sftp-server"

Regards,

Luis

0 Kudos

b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can configure ftp server on the board and access the filesystem from the outside of the board via ftp.

And you can use gdbserver for remote debugging the applications.

Have a great day,

Victor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

ritesh_panchal
Contributor I

i have configure ssh server. and able to access file system using sftp://root@ip_address:28.

But how to create ftp server?

i followed the below link to debug hello world application from eclipse.

http://developer.toradex.com/knowledge-base/hello-world-application-on-embedded-linux

Eclipse generate .o file. But how to generate .ko using eclipse?

0 Kudos