cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidentally wiped the DEMO SD card from SABRE Platform for Smart Devices

Jump to solution
jingyizhang
Contributor I

HELP! anywhere I can download an image for the demo SD card that has linux and Android?

I have the i.MX6Quad SABRE SD Platform

the SD card had Android OS installed.

Tried to follow these guides to get the linux kernel to boot but nothing happens when powered on, no output from serial.

u-boot on the i.MX6 sabre sd platform in a few commands

Linux on the i.MX6 sabre sd platform in a few commands 

any advice is greatly appreciated.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

You could download the Android and Linux demo images for regenerating the SD cards using Linux dd command or the MFGtool on Windows. Please refer to the “DEMO_BSPs” downloadable from “Operating System Software-Board Support Packages” section of the following link:

SABRE for Smart Devices Reference Design|Freescale

You could use the Linux dd command in the following way:

$ sudo dd if=<image name>.sdcard of=/dev/sd<partition> bs=1M && sync

For more information, you could refer to section 6.1 “Flashing an SD card image” of “Freescale Yocto Project User's Guide” document. For the MFGtool usage, please refer to section 4.2.2 “Using MFGTool” of “i.MX Linux User's Guide” document.

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

You could download the Android and Linux demo images for regenerating the SD cards using Linux dd command or the MFGtool on Windows. Please refer to the “DEMO_BSPs” downloadable from “Operating System Software-Board Support Packages” section of the following link:

SABRE for Smart Devices Reference Design|Freescale

You could use the Linux dd command in the following way:

$ sudo dd if=<image name>.sdcard of=/dev/sd<partition> bs=1M && sync

For more information, you could refer to section 6.1 “Flashing an SD card image” of “Freescale Yocto Project User's Guide” document. For the MFGtool usage, please refer to section 4.2.2 “Using MFGTool” of “i.MX Linux User's Guide” document.

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
jingyizhang
Contributor I

Thank you, Carlos!

0 Kudos