Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to program IMX6 internal RAM

Jump to solution
ivyliu
Contributor IV

Hi All,

I just start to use IMX6.

I learned from IMX6DQRM that there is an internal RAM in IMX6 that have a provisioning program that allows to boot from boot device and program boot device.

I just wonder where can we download this source code and is there a way to program the IMX6 internal RAM?

The reason is that we want to change the saving location of Uboot in the boot device.

Thank you very much!!

Best Regards,

Ivy

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

After reset the ARM core of i.MX6 begins execution starting from the on-chip boot ROM,

which contains code to provide boot for different devices. Please refer to Chapter 8

(System Boot) of the i.MX6 Reference Manual. Boot ROM source codes are not

provided and the boot ROM cannot be changed by users. In addition to boot ROM the i.MX6

has internal RAM, which basically may be used by user's application. But please take into account ,

that internal RAM is used by boot ROM during boot. Please refer to section 8.4.1 (Internal ROM /RAM

memory map).

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

After reset the ARM core of i.MX6 begins execution starting from the on-chip boot ROM,

which contains code to provide boot for different devices. Please refer to Chapter 8

(System Boot) of the i.MX6 Reference Manual. Boot ROM source codes are not

provided and the boot ROM cannot be changed by users. In addition to boot ROM the i.MX6

has internal RAM, which basically may be used by user's application. But please take into account ,

that internal RAM is used by boot ROM during boot. Please refer to section 8.4.1 (Internal ROM /RAM

memory map).

Have a great day,
Yuri

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

ivyliu
Contributor IV

Hi Yuri,

Now I understand.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Ivy

0 Kudos