AnsweredAssumed Answered

Writing To Program Flash in K64 Without Driver

Question asked by Stephen Clark on Jul 22, 2015

I'm trying to write my own routines to write to the program flash inside a K64FX512 and I can't seem to get it to work.

The commands that I pass to the FTFE unit seem to be succeeding: the CCIF bit gets set after some delay and there are no errors in the FSTAT register.

I used the 'section' attribute to place the functions that modify the flash into RAM to avoid Read While Write Violations. I can tell by looking at the size of the sections after building that this is actually placing the functions in RAM, although I have not been able to get the debugger to work inside of the RAM functions.

I'm attempting to write 16 bytes to Program Flash Address 0x00A000.  I do an Erase Flash Sector operation(0x09), a Program Section operation (0x0B), and then read back the memory location using a pointer. But what I'm reading back is not what I wrote, and when I read back after an erase, I do not get 0xFF's, I get random data. So something is not right.

The code that I am using is attached.

Am I doing anything obviously wrong, or can anyone point me in the right direction?

Original Attachment has been moved to: FTFE_Example.c.zip

Outcomes