cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDS 3.0.0 and KSDK1.2.0

a8Chcx
Contributor V

Hi,

I am using KDS 2.0.0 and KSDK 1.1.0 on my FREEDOM K64F to develop my application. Everything works fine.

Now, BOOTLOADER V1.2 is using KDS 3.0.0.

1) I want to know if it is OK to use my environment for BOOTLOADER V1.2?

2) If I want to install KDS 3.0.0 and KSDK1.2.0 on my machine, can I keep both environments to work for the different project? If so, could you tell me the detailed procedure to install the new environment?

Thanks,

Christie

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Cristie,

In addition to Alice's response, the Kinetis bootloader 1.2.0 was compiled and tested with Kinetis Design Studio v3.0.0, so I would recommend you to create a new environment in KDS 3.0.0 to work with KBOOT 1.2.

Regarding the installation of KDS 3.0.0 and KSDK1.2.0, you can have both versions of KDS and both versions of KDSK installed in the same machine without any problem, I would just recommend that you make sure that the correct version of KSDK is chosen when creating a new project:

For KDS 2.0.0.

pastedImage_3.png

For KDS 3.0.0.

pastedImage_2.png

About the procedure to install KDS and KDSK, please take a look to the following video:

Video Link : 3281

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Carlos Mendoza

Technical Support Engineer

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Christie,

(1) I think it is ok, for  there is no related with the KDS version when  use the Bootloader . You can have a try .

(2) No, for it is very different from KSDK 1.2 and KSDK 1.1 , for example , you can check the structure of the files.

If you want use ksdk 1.2,  you must create a new project .

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos