cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to change PWM Duty Cycle for More than One PWM Component

Jump to solution
jayakrishnans
Contributor I

I am using MC56F8037 DSC Microcontroller for generating PWM . I was able to use the PWM component for generating PWM waveform after setting time period and initial pulse width

and I was able to change its Duty Cycle Using SetRatio16 Function. But on using more than one PWM component, Iam not able to change Duty Cycle and PWM Waveform generated is of

time period and initial pulse width set on initialisation. I require a minimum of 4 different PWM signals whose duty cycle varies dynamically.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

To get 4 different PWM signals, user just needs to add one PWMMC component, please see the below screenshot. The four PWM channels can be set with different duty cycle, but they must have the same period, because MC56F8037 only have one PWM module and one counter in it. The period is determined by CMOD register.

pwmmc.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

To get 4 different PWM signals, user just needs to add one PWMMC component, please see the below screenshot. The four PWM channels can be set with different duty cycle, but they must have the same period, because MC56F8037 only have one PWM module and one counter in it. The period is determined by CMOD register.

pwmmc.png

0 Kudos