cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running a script in uboot without tftp/dhcp use

Jump to solution
gbiradar
Contributor IV

Hi Guys, i want to copy a script in SD/MMC card, this script will test RAM, when we enter uboot this script should run and check RAM working, I have already seen the tftp/dhcp use but i want to copy the script manually and run the script. can anyone help me on this.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
gbiradar
Contributor IV

i have got the answer for this,instead of creating a seperate FAT partition, using dd utility, say sudo dd if=xyz.scr of=/dev/sdb bs=512 seek=8192 count=2 conv=fysnc

in uboot > mmv read 0x12000000 0x2000 0x100

uboot > source 0x12000000

using this, script content run properly but i need to know how we can decide the address(0x2000). if you could elaborate how we can decide the address in lehman's way. thanks in advance for helping.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You may create additional FAT partition on SD card,

copy Your script to FAT and load the script under U-boot ,

using command "fatload".

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
gbiradar
Contributor IV

i have got the answer for this,instead of creating a seperate FAT partition, using dd utility, say sudo dd if=xyz.scr of=/dev/sdb bs=512 seek=8192 count=2 conv=fysnc

in uboot > mmv read 0x12000000 0x2000 0x100

uboot > source 0x12000000

using this, script content run properly but i need to know how we can decide the address(0x2000). if you could elaborate how we can decide the address in lehman's way. thanks in advance for helping.

0 Kudos
gbiradar
Contributor IV

i have explore the answer is 0x2000 <=> 8192

8192* 512(bs) = 4MB, by default bs is 512 bytes.

0 Kudos
gbiradar
Contributor IV

its mmc not mmv. sorry for the error.

0 Kudos