cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Floating point calculations

Jump to solution
rahulkrishna
Contributor IV

i found in my project that floating point calculations are not supported as it was not compiling and i changed it by making it integer division and multiplication. Now my doubt is if i return the values as float and do multiplication and division something like i am doing at run time. How does the compiler handle this? Will i get something like segmentation fault and the processor will reset? Related question is if i add the floating computation. How much additional code will get added by adding all the libraries? Please help. I am using s12x.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hi,

floating computation need floating lib support. when we select different floating support during creating a new project, we  select the different lib supporting for the project.

2015-08-10_15-17-28.png

when floating library is selected, user can do floating computation in project normally .

see my post

Why long long not supported

can this help you?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hi,

floating computation need floating lib support. when we select different floating support during creating a new project, we  select the different lib supporting for the project.

2015-08-10_15-17-28.png

when floating library is selected, user can do floating computation in project normally .

see my post

Why long long not supported

can this help you?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos