cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are project settings stored?

Jump to solution
davidsherman
Senior Contributor I

In KDS 3, where are project settings?  I see some .xml files about settings, but there seems to be something else besides these.  Are they stored in the workspace?  Specifically, things like the different build targets, the active build target, and processor expert options.  What would need to be committed in Egit so others see the same settings?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David,

I have a an article on that subject (using CodeWarrior, but it is as well Eclipse based) here: Dissection of MCU10 Projects | MCU on Eclipse

Things are the same for Kinetis Design Studio, except that the output folder is named 'Debug', and the main source file for Processor Expert projects is now main.c too.

Have a look at the following FTF presentation which covers version control systems for Kinetis Design Studion too:

If you using Processor Expert projects with a version control, you might need to consider a few things, as sharing the .pe file needs some special handling to avoid conflicts, see Version Control with Processor Expert Projects | MCU on Eclipse .

I hope this helps,

Erich

View solution in original post

3 Replies
joeseymour
Contributor III

In the general case there are 2 files of interest:

- The .project file, which contains general eclipse settings.

- The .cproject file, which contains CDT settings (including build configurations).

They are both stored in the root directory of the project.

A few additional settings may be stored in the .settings directory, again in the project root, although whether or not that directory belongs in version control is debated: svn - Which eclipse files belong under Version Control - Stack Overflow

Files related to Processor Expert are described in detail in Erich's slides (Hands-On: Mastering Kinetis Design Studio IDE - Advanced), as is everything else I've mentioned, but hopefully I've saved some people having to open a PDF.

davidsherman
Senior Contributor I

Many thanks Erich and Joe!  I think that's exactly what I need.

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David,

I have a an article on that subject (using CodeWarrior, but it is as well Eclipse based) here: Dissection of MCU10 Projects | MCU on Eclipse

Things are the same for Kinetis Design Studio, except that the output folder is named 'Debug', and the main source file for Processor Expert projects is now main.c too.

Have a look at the following FTF presentation which covers version control systems for Kinetis Design Studion too:

If you using Processor Expert projects with a version control, you might need to consider a few things, as sharing the .pe file needs some special handling to avoid conflicts, see Version Control with Processor Expert Projects | MCU on Eclipse .

I hope this helps,

Erich