AnsweredAssumed Answered

KDS3.0 / SKD1.2 without PE ?

Question asked by RsBogdan on Jul 17, 2015
Latest reply on Jul 20, 2015 by Kerry Zhou

Customer has issues with  KSDK documentation. They have a project up and running not using processor expert in KDS2.0 . They want to migrate to KDS3.0/SDK1.2 .However they encounter many issues. They are still trying not to use PE but would like to use the "functions" listed in the libraries.  None of these seems to be documented.

I’ve only spent a few hours using it so far, and this is a sample of what I’ve found:

(I’ll explain the first one in detail, then be more abbreviated afterward)

1. ADC16 support of hardware averaging is not documented

Our project used “ADC16_DRV_EnableHwAverage()” under SDK 1.1.0

The HTTP documentation for SDK 1.1.0 does not show this function at all

The HTTP documentation for SDK 1.2.0 does not show this function at all

The source code for the ADC16 driver in KSDK 1.1.0 is at: C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.1.0\platform\drivers\inc\fsl_adc16_driver.h

The function name and arguments changed for KSDK 1.2.0.  There’s a new structure in KSDK 1.2.0 that isn’t in the documentation either. (adc16_hw_average_config_t)

I get no matches when I try to search for “ADC16_DRV_EnableHwAverage” in KSDK 1.1.0 documentation.

I get no matches when I search for “ADC16_DRV_ConfigHwAverage” or “adc16_hw_average_config_t” in KSDK 1.2.0 documentation.

1. KSDK 1.2.0 seems to have dropped support for RTC_HAL_SetWakeupPinCmd(). Was this intentional? We were using it in KSDK 1.1.0, but again it does not appear in the documentation.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Outcomes