can I get and modify source code for eCompass on RD4247MAG3110 ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can I get and modify source code for eCompass on RD4247MAG3110 ?

stephenhsu
Contributor I

Hi all,

I intend to buy development kit RD4247MAG3110 for our sensor project development. I am impressed that MIG provide open source code for sensor fusion feature, and I want to ask that can I get and modify source code for eCompass on RD4247MAG3110 ??

It will help us a lot for our sensor project. Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

michaelestanley
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Instead of the RD4247MAG3110, I would steer you to the Freescale Freedom boards (KL25Z, KL26Z, KL46Z or K64F) plus sensor shield.  You can find all of these at http://www.freescale.com/freedom. The Freescale Sensor Fusion Toolbox for Kinetis supports these "out-of-the-box".  The RD4247MAG3110 demo that you've probably seen runs the magnetic calibration code on the PC-side, where-as the Sensor Fusion Toolbox runs it on the Kinetis MCU.    Freescale has deprecated the original magnetic calibration library in favor of the Sensor Fusion Toolbox version.  The latter is directly derived from the former, but is more up to date.

BTW, the MIG repository IS the same code as that in the Sensor Fusion Toolbox.  However the MIG version does not include the MQX RTOS wrapper (which is subject to different licensing).

0 Kudos