MQX 4.1 UART/serial driver missing characters from host when used in Polled Mode

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX 4.1 UART/serial driver missing characters from host when used in Polled Mode

Jump to solution
ashokhs
Contributor II

Hi All,

I have used the UART4 to connect to the UART from host with the following settings:

Data Bits = 8; Stop Bit = 1; Parity = None; BAUD Rate = 115200.

And I'm using the BSP driver for polled mode. But occasionally I don't get some characters or some times I get more characters than what I expect to get.

Please let me know if there are any known issues here or any common pit falls which need to be taken care.

Thanks & regards,

Ashok

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ashokhs
Contributor II

Hi All..

Thanks for the help.

Finally the issue was solved when we went for a lower baud rate of 9600 instead of 115200 bps. We still don't know why it is not working in 115200 but for now we are continuing as it is as we don't have much time to investigate this. We will come back to debug this once we have some time free.

Regards,

Ashok

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ashokhs
Contributor II

Hi All..

Thanks for the help.

Finally the issue was solved when we went for a lower baud rate of 9600 instead of 115200 bps. We still don't know why it is not working in 115200 but for now we are continuing as it is as we don't have much time to investigate this. We will come back to debug this once we have some time free.

Regards,

Ashok

0 Kudos
yb
Contributor IV
ashokhs
Contributor II

The uart was opened using fopen with "IO_SERIAL_TRANSLATION | IO_SERIAL_ECHO" option.

0 Kudos
soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Ashok,

Please check the below links and let me know if this helps!!!

MQX with UART... How to receive?

what is the best way for Timeout on UART RX with MQX?

Interrupt driven UART

UART Code

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------