Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenSDA, UART

Jump to solution
steffenwickersh
Contributor I

Hello There,

I have another question. It is possible to flash the MCU on FRDM KL03Z motherboard via UART ?

I have five lines to the target MCU measured with my scope . Currently, only the reset line and SWD_CLK SWD_DIO be used..

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Steffen Wichersheim,

Yes, you can use UART to flash the KL03 MCU, because this chip have the kinetis ROM bootloader.

For details, please refer to the Chapter 11 Kinetis ROM Bootloader in  the KL03 reference manual.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Jingjing

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Steffen Wichersheim,

Yes, you can use UART to flash the KL03 MCU, because this chip have the kinetis ROM bootloader.

For details, please refer to the Chapter 11 Kinetis ROM Bootloader in  the KL03 reference manual.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Jingjing

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos