Is it OK to tie unused EIM GPIO boot pins directly to supplies?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it OK to tie unused EIM GPIO boot pins directly to supplies?

Jump to solution
jaydcarlson
Contributor III

I'm currently designing an i.MX6DL-based design that isn't using any of the GPIO BOOT_CFG signals for anything other than boot configuration at startup. Can I tie these directly to GND or NVCC_EIM? I'd like to avoid having to design in a bunch of unnecessary pull resistors. Will this affect power consumption of the design?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jay

yes it is allowed if design provides that voltage on these pins will not exceed power

supply of these pins, for example during power-up.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jay

yes it is allowed if design provides that voltage on these pins will not exceed power

supply of these pins, for example during power-up.

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos