cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KL15 Locked - Bootloader Development - Need Help

petertwiss
Contributor III

Hello,

I was working with another FWE, and we have seems to 'bricked' our KL15, which working on our custom bootloader. We're looking to figure out a method of unlocking the device.

Here are some details:

- Using Processor Expert v10.4, and adding a flash_LDD component and configured more or less standard with adding a new extra functions from the methods options

- Exporting PE Project to Keil.

- During an attempted write and restart, the device has no SWD Communication.

- Using the JLINK Cmd Prompt, the SWD is not available: **See Attached Pic: 'unnamed.jpg"

- Attempting to hold reset down while writing the device I get this message in Keil: **See attached Pic: "Keil.jpg"

Any idea what happened? Did we overwrite a special place in flash?

Is this chip toast?

Here are some other details from the other FWE:

"I was working on adding a small region above the flash configuration section .cfmconfig in the scatter file to contain app version info at  fixed location. The location was 0x410 (flash config at 0x400) and I moved the .text region up by 0x40 bytes to make room for the new region which was mostly a copy of this:"

#define FlashConfig_start               0x00000400

#define FlashConfig_size                0x00000010

LR_FlashConfig FlashConfig_start FlashConfig_size  {

ER_FlashConfig FlashConfig_start FlashConfig_size  { ; load address = execution address

.ANY (.cfmconfig)

}

}

Please help us if you can thanks,

-Peter

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Peter,

Could you provides KL15 Flash configuration field value?

And if it is possible, could you provide the KL15 SWD interface related circuit also?

Thank you for the attention.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

petertwiss
Contributor III

Hello Ma Hui,

For SWD:

- Using JLINK Base, 1.8V logic, See Attached picture.

- nRst jump is populated, and no pullups or pulldowns are on.

- System worked flawlessly before we started working with the flash and killed it.

For Flash Config:

-I am sorry but I will need some guidance on how to find those things. We use PE (Driver Suite 10.4) to export into Keil, and then this project has it's specific settings.

- **See 2nd picture attached, is this what you wanted? If not please send more detail to I can get you what you need.

Thanks Mu Hui,

-Peter

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

1. About SWD interface, your attached SWD debug interface is different with Freescale recommended at pin numbers order.

For you could program and debug the KL15 chip before, I think that's ok.

Below is Freescale recommended SWD debug interface:

SWD.png

2. For you are using the Processor Expert v10.4, I would you could provide the Flash configuration field value.

Please check below picture as a reference:

SWD.png

Thank you for the attention.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos