Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processor Expert doxygen "Pins allocation" not supported

Jump to solution
mahi
Contributor IV

Hi Community,

the doxygen output of Kinetis Design Studio/Processor Expert is a great feature. But for the controller I indend to use (MKL14Z32VLK4) the "Pins allocation" report can not be generated. It contains only the message "Pins model not supported for the selected target Processor".

Are there plans to add support for this controller in the future?

Or is there a possibility to add the support manually (e.g. by modifying an existing template)?

Best regards

Martin

0 Kudos
1 Solution
marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Martin,

The Pin Allocation Report is supported for the MKL14Z32VLK4 in KDS 3.0.0 + KSDK 1.2.0, i.e. when you create a Kinetis Project in KDS (MKL14Z32VLK4) and select KSDK 1.2.0 and Processor Expert the Pins Allocation Report can be generated, see the screenshot below:

pastedImage_0.png

Please note, that this project allows usage of Kinetis SDK components and Init components only (LDD components cannot be used when the KSDK is selected).

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Martin,

The Pin Allocation Report is supported for the MKL14Z32VLK4 in KDS 3.0.0 + KSDK 1.2.0, i.e. when you create a Kinetis Project in KDS (MKL14Z32VLK4) and select KSDK 1.2.0 and Processor Expert the Pins Allocation Report can be generated, see the screenshot below:

pastedImage_0.png

Please note, that this project allows usage of Kinetis SDK components and Init components only (LDD components cannot be used when the KSDK is selected).

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Martin,

Please tell me the version of your KDS, and please screenshot the "Pin allocation " view on your side , and also the error message .

I will check it on my side .

Thank !

Alice

0 Kudos
mahi
Contributor IV

Hi Alice,

KDS is version 3.0.0.

Here is a screenshot of the doxygen-generated html:

KDS3_doxygen_pinalloc.png

As expected, the rtf output has the same content.

Best regards

Martin

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Martin,

Sorry i have not install the doxygen output on KDS,  could you tell me  where can i install it , thank  !

And then i will check it , then if it really have not support this chip , if you need , i can create a feature request to the related team .

BR

Alice

0 Kudos
mahi
Contributor IV

Hi Alice,

KDS outputs the documentation in doxygen format by default. It only has to be "converted" to some human readable documents.

Here is some information including installation hints: Automatic Documentation Generation: Doxygen with Processor Expert | MCU on Eclipse

Best regards

Martin

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Martin,

Thank for your information .

I think it is not  only related the KDS  whether "Pin allocation" function included to KL14 chip .

While i know little about this , and i strong recommend you ask Erich on the place you send me the linker above , he is the expert about this .

Hope it helps

Alice

0 Kudos