AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to run Qt5 example application(s) on EPD?

Question asked by ajithpv on Jul 14, 2015
Latest reply on Aug 11, 2015 by ajithpv

Hi All,

As part of my current task, I'm working on the EPDC of i.MX6 SoloLite. I'm using the Linux kernel version 3.14.28 (Rev. L3.14.28_1.0.0-ga) with Yocto build.

When I'm running the "./mxc_epdc_fb_test.out" from the board, it is working and showing the test cases one by one. This is confirmed that, the display and basic set-up is working proper.

Since, I want to try Qt sample applications (provided in the rootfs) on E-INK EPD, I tried to run it from the board as below.

STEP 1: Qt applications are running directly from the console

I have run the Qt5 sample applications that are present inside "/usr/share" folder individually. But I'm getting the below error.

Qt Warning: Could not find a location of the system's Compose files. Consider setting the QTCOMPOSE environment variable.

Qt Warning: Could not find a location of the system's Compose files. Consider setting the QTCOMPOSE environment variable.

libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/dri/vivante_dri.so failed (libGL.so.1.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)

libGL error: unable to load driver: vivante_dri.so

libGL error: failed to load driver: vivante

libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile

libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile

STEP 2 : Running the Qt application through "mxc_epdc_x11_fb_test.out" test application

I have tried to run the test application "mxc_epdc_x11_fb_test.out" under unit_tests folder. This application shows a desktop window with Qt application icons on EPD (display).

When I touch a Qt application icon (via touch panel), then Qt application is working!, without any error.

So, I would like to know what I'm missing. Could anyone please tell me, how I can run the Qt5 application as STEP1 (This is the one I required). How to resolve the above errors?

Looking forward to your reply...

Thank you in advance,
Ajith P V

Outcomes