Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewind issue using gplay on freescale imx6 dual

Jump to solution
shwetha
Contributor I

Hi,

I am trying to test rewind functionality using gplay (gstreamer-0.10) by playing a wma stream. But, the EOS event is received and the application exits immediately with the below log :

Set playing speed[-8,-4,-2,0.125,0.25,0.5,1,2,4,8]:-2

current_position = 0:02:46.854716553

EOS Found!

FSL_PLAYER_UI_MSG_EOS

fsl_player_stop()

[--->FINALIZE aiurdemux

fsl_player_stop()

player_exit(): No more multimedia files, exit.

[Stopped  ][Vol=01][00:00:00/00:00:00][fps:0]

g_main_loop_thread_fun() quit!

fsl_player_deinit

The behavior of rewind functionality varies with different stream types. My observation is as below :

* wma streams - application exits with the above message

* ogg(vorbis) streams - application returns "Set playback rate failed: send setting playback rate event failed!" error, pauses audio playback for sometime and resumes after few seconds

* wav - application returns "Set playback rate failed: send setting playback rate event failed!" error and continues audio playback

Kindly let me know, if this is the expected behavior of gplay or there is an issue with the plugins used (beepdec.wma, beepdec.vorbis, aiurdemux).

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
gfine
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Shwetha,

gplay will only "rewind" (-2) on video files.  Rewind on audio files is not supported in gplay.  It is an expected behavior.

BR,

Glen

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
gfine
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Shwetha,

gplay will only "rewind" (-2) on video files.  Rewind on audio files is not supported in gplay.  It is an expected behavior.

BR,

Glen

0 Kudos
shwetha
Contributor I

Hi Glen,

Thanks for your reply. Just wanted to confirm whether it is an issue only with the gplay application or the gstreamer plugins are not supporting negative playback rate ?

Regards,

Shwetha

0 Kudos
gfine
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Swetha,

Both.  gplay uses gstreamer libraries and functions under the covers. So what won't work for one will not work for the other.

BR,

Glen

0 Kudos
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Can you please share what version of BSP are you using? 

Do you think you can reproduce the issue in a FSL Board?

Do you have any license for the Multimedia Package that you are using?

0 Kudos