MPC56xxx EEE Validation

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC56xxx EEE Validation

adelantesey
Contributor IV

I want to use the EEPROM Emulation Software Driver for C90LC Flash Module that is provided in EEE_Driver_v112 software driver package.

Since I found some ambiguities in the code, it is important for me to know that if it has a robust performance or not.

I'm wondering if freescale guarantee the robustness and reliability of this software driver or not.

Is there any verification report for this software driver?

Has the mentioned software ever been used in a product by a known customer?

I would appreciate your help in advance.

Thanks,

Alex Sey

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

the driver is thoroughly tested, however, it is not intended for high risk activities and it is provided with no warranty.

Attached is the license file.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

adelantesey
Contributor IV

I faced some issues while studying the driver. I describe one of them:

To determine the status of any block, there is a process that investigates block indicators and erase cycle of blocks. This is performed by FSL_ReadBlockStatus function that is a middle level function.

The driver sets a block as active if the following condition is satisfied: (Line 333 from file Eed_middlelevel.c)

if (!((temp == ERASED_WORD) && (FALSE == eccErrorStatus_Flag)))

{

return (B_ACT);   

}

else

{

It indicates that when ECC error is present, the driver considers the block as active. How this situation can be explained? It seems it is better to consider the block as Invalid in this case.

The above situation also applies to copy-done indicator.

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Check out AUTOSAR MCAL drivers which also contains EEPROM emulation driver which is suitable for safety critical applications.

SafeAssure Functional Safety Program|Freescale

Peter

0 Kudos

adelantesey
Contributor IV

Well, thanks for your answer. I want to use this flash module in a safety critical application. So, is there any alternative solution? Do you offer any other driver or library that guarantee the robust performance of EEPROM Emulation in such cases or I have to write a driver myself?

Again, thanks for your support.

0 Kudos