AnsweredAssumed Answered

Issues about DDR porting on MX6DL

Question asked by tony.l.cai on Jul 12, 2015
Latest reply on Jul 13, 2015 by igorpadykov

Dear all,

we are porting Android 5.0 on MX6DL, and we found the changes from Android 4.2 to Android 5 in DDR porting.

1 In Android 4.2, we use the Flash_header.S for DDR porting. the configuration is enclosed. But in Android 5.0, we port it by cfg file, and maybe it is applied in project yocto?(we havent worked in project yocto before.) So could you give me some info about porting DDR by cfg?  I found the main deference between cfg and flash_header.s is that the addtional configure for setting the default clock gate to save power in cfg file. Please help me to re-check the DDR config settings from flash_header.S to cfg file. 3Q~

2. I also found obvious diffences between "bootable\bootloader\uboot-imx\board\freescale\mx6sabresd\mx6sabresd.c" and "bootable\bootloader\uboot-imx\board\freescale\mx6q_sabresd\mx6q_sabresd.c",So does this changes will impact on the u-boot.bin excute?

The reason why I asked all these questions is  that our uboot porting cannot go when I download the u-boot to the board and jump to OS. But the same way can succeeded in Android 4.2.  the question see also  https://community.freescale.com/message/534587?sr=search&searchId=a7876968-3eb5-45ce-b606-d7e3323853e8&searchIndex=1#534…

3Q~

Original Attachment has been moved to: flash_header.S.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: EM70_Lollipop_DDR3.cfg.zip

Outcomes