Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

undefined reference to `MQX_template_list'

Jump to solution
M_Grillo
Contributor III

Hello,

I have a KDS 3.0  MQX 4.2 workspace with the ether_to_serial project that compiles and executes fine but another Ethernet project in the same workspace that initially compiled but now has the following result in the Console:

..\..\Freescale_MQX_4_2\lib\twrk64f120m.kds\debug\bsp\bsp.a(mqx_init.o):(.rodata.MQX_init_struct+0x10): undefined reference to `MQX_template_list'

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

It appears that the following MQX libraries are not getting compiled as they are in the working example project.

ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wall -Wno-missing-braces -g3 -gdwarf-2 -gstrict-dwarf -gstrict-dwarf -gstrict-dwarf -nostdinc -D_AEABI_LC_CTYPE=C -D__STRICT_ANSI__=1 -D_DEBUG=1 -I"MQX BSP, RTCS and etc paths .............."

I've reviewed the project properties settings several times and they match the working 'ether_to_serial' example project less the different source paths and can't find anything wrong.

I'm looking for any clues that will point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Mark

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution
soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Mark,

Please check the below link and let me know if this helps.

Creating a New MQX RTOS 4.2 project in KDS

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mark,

for the first problem you can check if you have the following includes in your project.

#include "fsl_os_abstraction.h"

#include "app_mqx.h"

Carlos

0 Kudos
M_Grillo
Contributor III

Hi Carlos,

I'm not using KDSK. I'm using MQX 4.2 on the KDS 3.0.0 tool chain. KDSK had issues and lack of documentation on the NIO I/O drivers so I abandoned KDSK and went ahead with MQX 4.2 for the K64 and I'm having better luck porting my Code Warrior K60 projects over.

The document listed above solved my issue.

Thanks,

Mark

0 Kudos
soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Mark,

Please check the below link and let me know if this helps.

Creating a New MQX RTOS 4.2 project in KDS

Have a great day,
Sol

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

M_Grillo
Contributor III

Hello soledad,

Thanks! This document did the trick. I did initially use the copy and past method but how I implemented the source folders was not correct according to the document which probably made path issues.

Thanks,

Mark

0 Kudos
M_Grillo
Contributor III

Maybe a link to a document that explicitly shows how to create a NEW and/or copy an existing MQX 4.2 project in KDS 3.0.0 would be of great help also.

MQXKDSUG Rev. 01, 04/2015 shows how to install, compile and run example projects but no explanation on how to correctly create your own.

Thanks,

Mark

0 Kudos