HRESET

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrisyao
Contributor I

Hello,

We are trying to run the bare board example program of CodeWarrior on the T4240QDS.

HRESET is alaways on. Any clues on how to resolve this issue?

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

avt,chris

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Could you try from CW, to add 2 sec Reset delay when connect to the board? Using some fpga version this is required by CW to connect to the board.

pastedImage_0.png

But, please make sure a valid fpga is programmed to the board.

Adrian

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
douglastalley
Contributor I

As for me, I am curious about it as well.

drift hunters

0 Kudos
douglastalley
Contributor I

As for me, I am curious about it as well.

drift hunters

0 Kudos
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please provide the fpga version displayed by uboot for your board.

Adrian

0 Kudos
chrisyao
Contributor I

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for your answer.

We worked on a bareboard of t4240qds, and just burn the fpga stp file: (file A)T4240QDS_Qixis_sys_cntrl_FPGA_140410\designer\QixMin_T4240QDS.stp .

There's no uboot running on this board. We want to program target board,  but met  something wrong with CodeWarrior TAP.

CW TAP can show the right MAC address when type in "findcc cwtaps -usb" on ccs console.

Q2: We tried to downgrade FPGA to this version, (file B)T4240QDS_2013_0509_1415.stp . Quote this link: CW won't debug T4240QDS: fails to reset target  . And then got another messege:  "IDCODE verify failed."

Both file A and file B IDCODE are the same string, 0653A1CF. IDCODE read from device : 1253A1CF .(we programmed file A before.)

This confused us, how to downgrade FPGA to file B.

thank you for your any suggetions.

0 Kudos
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

For FPGA version 5 (T4240QDS_2013_0509_1415_V5), CW should works with no issues. I attached the image I used.

For FPGA version 6 (T4240QDS_2014_0522_1552_V6), CW will need a 2sec Reset delay (Go to Debug Configuration -> Edit -> Advanced -> Reset delay).

Adrian

0 Kudos
chrisyao
Contributor I

Dear Adrian,

The message:  "IDCODE verify failed." shows again and again. We can't program these stp files.  I don't known why and how ?

We got another errors when running CW debug:

A.

"Error launching t4240qds-core00_RAM_T4240_Download

CCSProtocolPlugin : Failed to correctly configure the JTAG chain"

B.

"Error launching t4240qds-core00_RAM_T4240_Download

CCSProtocolPlugin::Could not connect to the requested core #0."

Our ccs.cfg set to below lines:

delete all

config cc cwtap

config port 41475

ccs::config_chain t4240

ccs::reset_to_debug

ccs::all_run_mode

More infomations:

Three leds on our target board, label RESERT_RED, HRESET, SLEEP show some diff status,

When power on target board:

SLEEP blinking yellow, HRESER on red, RESET_RED off.

And more than 10 seconds later ,these leds always on till power off.

0 Kudos
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Did you used a flashpro programmer to program fpga files? If yes, this is not good, because a valid fpga image must be programmed on the board.

Adrian

0 Kudos
chrisyao
Contributor I

Dear Adrian,

Would you please help me to confirm whether the file is permanently encrypted?

0 Kudos
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Could you try from CW, to add 2 sec Reset delay when connect to the board? Using some fpga version this is required by CW to connect to the board.

pastedImage_0.png

But, please make sure a valid fpga is programmed to the board.

Adrian

0 Kudos
chrisyao
Contributor I

Dear Adrian,

We set the reset delay as 2000ms, but still can't connect target board, and the HRESET led still on.

The fpga is valid , when we found the diff stp files(mentioned above) worked not the same.

Would you please send us the whole fpga source files/projects, we want to compile the fpga step by step ourself.

Best wishes

chris

0 Kudos
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Unfortunately I don't have the source code for fpga, only the binary to be programmed into the board. You could open a service request and ask for source code.

Adrian

0 Kudos
chrisyao
Contributor I

Dear Adrian,

Thank you for your patience to answer.

Chris

0 Kudos
chrisyao
Contributor I

Dear Adrian,

Yes, we used the flashpro v4 to program fpga file on the board. The fpga file:T4240QDS_Qixis_sys_cntrl_FPGA_140410\designer\QixMin_T4240QDS.stp shows it was made on day 04/10/2014.

0 Kudos