cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAM/ROM usage for MPC56xx

ZdenoQC
Contributor III

Hi there,

I'm using a MCP5605B in Codewarrior 10.4 and I want to know how much RAM/ROM I'm using. I was able to do that with S12/S08 by looking at the .map file like this one:

/---------------------------------------------------------

Summary of section sizes per section type:

READ_ONLY (R):        8985 (dec:    35205)

READ_WRITE (R/W):      961 (dec:     2401)

NO_INIT (N/I):         12C (dec:      300)

/---------------------------------------------------------

Is there a way to have those informations with the MPC56? I don't want to manually sum all the object size in the .map

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I got the reply from our developers as below:

Unfortunately, the PA map file doesn’t print a nice summary of segment sizes for the users like some the other CW targets.

That said, the ELF file generated by PA is consumable by standard Linux/Cygwin tools such as ‘size’ and ‘readelf’. I suggest these as a quick solution.

test1> size *.elf

text    data bss    dec    hex filename

19896    1780 832  22508    57ec test1.elf

Fiona Kuang

Technical Information & Commercial Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi

Sorry for the Qorivva linker does not support the feature to display the total ROM/RAM size used in application project.

I have contacted the developers for this feature request and will update this post for any news.

Fiona Kuang

Technical Information & Commercial Support

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos