Camera ov8833 driver issues on i.MX6 Liunx Ltib

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera ov8833 driver issues on i.MX6 Liunx Ltib

charleshuang
Senior Contributor II

When I implement ov8833 driver on i.MX6 Liunx Ltib 4.0, I can receive picture from v4l2, the picture is garbled. Ov8833 driver is using 10 bit raw rgb.

1. After software setting, can IPU removed 2bit LSB directly, then the information transmitted to the upper layer?

2. How to set the 10 bit data can be transmitted to the upper layer, then let the software processes?

3. I capture a picture in the attached file. But the sensor output is straight color bar.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Alex

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi charles,

see following , please !

>>1. After software setting, can IPU removed 2bit LSB directly, then the information transmitted to the upper layer?

yes, 2bit can be ignored by mxc_v4l2_capture.c

>>2. How to set the 10 bit data can be transmitted to the upper layer, then let the software processes?

mxc_v4l2_capture.c doesn't support 10bit, 8-bit capture is no problem, it is enought for you, becuase low 2-bit is LSB, don't affect quality of picture.

>>3. I capture a picture in the attached file. But the sensor output is straight color bar.

The CSI port on i.MX6 requires camera should have own ISP, and output image with RGB/YUV format, I feel there is not ISP module in your camera, the data output by camera is RAW data, so please check these information with provider.

Regards,

Weidong

0 Kudos

charleshuang
Senior Contributor II

Dear Weidong,

Can you tell me how to modify code by mxc_v4l2_capture.c about question 1?

Question 1: After software setting, can IPU removed 2bit LSB directly, then the information transmitted to the upper layer?

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Alex

0 Kudos