cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to dump(program) code into controller using P&E multilink universal

sudhakarp
Contributor V

hi,

i am using FRDMk64FN1M0VLL12 controller. and i am using KDS2.0 and KDk1.1.0. i want to dump code into controller

using P&E multilink universal instead of OPENSDA. how to interface controller and JTAG pins. if i want to change any jumper setting..?

anybody give clear idea about this, its useful to me.

regards,

sudhakar p

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

EarlOrlando
Senior Contributor II

Hello Sudhakar,

The FRDM-K64F has a header for the JTAG interface. In the FRDM-K64F schematics you can see the connections. You don't need to change any jumper settings.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

Best regards,

Earl Orlando.

sudhakarp
Contributor V

hi,

thanks for your reply.after connecting board what are steps i want to follow,please give some documentation with image because i am NEW. previously i used OPENSDA. i dnt want to spoil my board.i am using KDS 2.0 IDE and KSDK 1.1.0 MQX. and also when i program through P&E from which addree it will start writing on internal flash is depend on linker file?

thanks and regards,

sudhakar p

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hi sudhakar p,

regarding to your question "and also when i program through P&E from which addree it will start writing on internal flash is depend on linker file?"

yes you are correct. the code start allocation address is decided by linker file.

actually linker file is for how the program data/code allocation in whole memory.

sure you can relocate memory with #pragma in code. if you have interest on this topic, please see this document

Relocating Code and Data Using the KDS GCC Linker File for Kinetis 

Best regards

Zhang Jun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EarlOrlando
Senior Contributor II

In KDS,

1. Go to the Debug Configurations... Menu

pastedImage_0.png

2. Double click over the PEMicro option.

pastedImage_0.png

3. Be sure that in the Main tab in the C/C++ Application: option is selected the path to the .elf file.

pastedImage_1.png

4. In the Debugger tab click over the Select Device button.

pastedImage_2.png

5. Select your MCU, in this case Freescale > K6x > K64FN1M0M12. Once it is selected click over the Debug button.

pastedImage_6.png

Best regards,

Earl.

/* If this post answers your question click the Correct answer button. */