Bootloader 1.1.0 is delivered with IAR projects.
I'd like to compile bootloader for my system with KDS 3.0.
Are there some kds project files for bootloader somewhere ?
Hello Nicolas Pinault:
The KBOOT v1.1 does not have a target project for KDS, but KBOOT v1.2 is coming soon (tentatively this week) with KDS projects. Please wait for the release, you can monitor the KBOOT page:
In case of anything being missing you can also get KBOOT compatible loaders for almost all Freescale boards and processors from
These allow mixing KBOOT, AN2295 Freescale Developer's Serial Bootloader, HIDBootloader.exe, USB-MSD, SD card, Ethernet, UART SREC as desired and builds with the following IDEs with no porting or extra development efforts:
Kinetis: µTasker Kinetis support
Boot loader: http://www.utasker.com/docs/uTasker/uTaskerSerialLoader.PDF
For the complete "out-of-the-box" Kinetis experience and faster time to market
That's an interresting product. If KBOOT does not do the job, this might be a good alternative.
That's good news !
KBOOT v1.2 is exactly what I need. That's perfect.
I am using FRDMk22F board (MK22F51212 target).
I don't understand what are the differences between flashloader, flashloader_loader and freedom_bootloader targets.
My guess :
- flashloader : runs in RAM and is able to erase/program the full FLASH memory once.
- flashloader_loader : runs in FLASH and can erase/program the FLASH memory above a predefined address multiple times.
- freedom_bootloader : flashloader_loader for FRDMK22K board
Am I right ?
Not exactly, read the definition in KBOOT release notes:
(C:\Freescale\FSL_Kinetis_Bootloader_1_2_0\doc\Kinetis Bootloader v1.2.0 Release Notes.pdf)
So in summary:
- Bootloader (tower or freedom): Bootloader firmware that resides in Flash and can be used multiple times.
- Flashloader_loader + Flashloader: The firmware you get from the "flashloader_loader" project can be programmed to the K22 with an external tool (Jlink, U-Multilink, OpenSDA,...) and you get a one-time loader. As stated in the text box, the flashloader project must be built first.
I hope this clarifies.
That's perfectly clear. I should have read twice.
Thanks a lot for your support.
Retrieving data ...