Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the difference when starting with the debugger instead of reset

Jump to solution
simonteki
Contributor II

Hi,

I am working with KDS 3.0.0 with the TWR-K60F120M and my project works if I use the gdb debugger. But as soon as I have an reset the SW get stuck in an undefined area (No source available for "0xfffffffe" ) and the reset light on the board is half lit. Can the use of the interrupt vectors in RAM cause such problems? As the reset vector isn't handled correctly?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
simonteki
Contributor II

Yes, and the interrupts work correctly but I think I found the problem. The interrupts seem to be only in RAM so after a reset the beginning of the flash is "empty". It seems like that with the debugger a different start address is used and that confused me :smileyhappy:

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
simonteki
Contributor II

Ok, it is definitely a problem with the interrupts in RAM. Even if I use the PE generated code for it, it fails after a reset. Any ideas what I am missing? Shouldn't' it jump to address 0 and start up normally?

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

did you ever perform vector relocation in your application?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
simonteki
Contributor II

Yes, and the interrupts work correctly but I think I found the problem. The interrupts seem to be only in RAM so after a reset the beginning of the flash is "empty". It seems like that with the debugger a different start address is used and that confused me :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos