cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uClinux and dBug

jesortsan
Contributor I
 Hi,

I'm following the AN3408 in order to install a uClinux on the MCF5329EVB.

I have built the uClinux kernel and I have to download it to the target board with dBug.

The problem is that I can't set an IP address with dBug. I execute the command "set" to set the IP addresses and it looks like it works (when I execute "show" I can see the new IP values displayed). But when I make a ping from my PC (server) to the target board IP address, it doesn't work. Neither the command "dn" to download the kernel. It looks like I can't configure the IP addresses with dBug with the command set.

I've followed the AN3408 steps. All the settings show me right. But then it doesn't work.

My dBug version is v4b.1a.1d.

Can you help me please? Any idea?

Best regards

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

slime_samir
Contributor I

Hi,

i have a same problem, you can tell me if you are fix this problem, if yes how?

thanks

0 Kudos

SimonMarsden_de
Contributor II
Hi

The dBUG monitor doesn't respond to 'ping'. It's not multi-threaded, so it's just sitting there at the command prompt and can't handle any ping packets which turn up.

Downloading via TFTP should work OK, however. Here are some ideas to check:

(1) Is there a TFTP server running on your server? If you're using something like a Linux box, TFTP is usually disabled by default because it's a security hole.

(2) The TFTP server is very restrictive in where it looks for the file to download. You need to make sure that it's in a place where the TFTP server can see it.

(3) You could be getting hosed by a Firewall blocking attempts at TFTP connection to the server.

Stick with it, because it does work OK when you get it configured correctly.

Hope this helps, and good luck

Simon
0 Kudos