esdhc problem since MQX 4.1

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

esdhc problem since MQX 4.1

reinhardgrauli
Contributor I

we use MQX 4.1 on K63. After systemrestart file access on SD_Card is correct. But after a few write calls the transferrate ist very very slow. Even a 'dir' gives only one line per 5 seconds. This is not on USB devices, so I think it must be a esdhc driver problem. The older hardware based on K60 running with MQX 4.0.2 doesn't have that problem.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Reinhard Grauli:

I tested the mfs_sdcard_frdmk64f example from MQX 4.1.0, which has the shell and I did not have any performance issues. Are you able to provide a test case (number of writes, size of the read/writes, number of directories, etc) which leads to recreate the issue?

Also there was a pair of bugs with MFS, which are discussed in the next threads, along with possible causes involving task priorities and stack overflows:

File writing tasks silently failing on K60 and K64F

Re: Bug Report: MQX 4.1.1 MFS write does not update MQX_FILE size so fseek IO_SEEK_END does not work...

If your project is not in an advanced stage then you could migrate to the latest MQX v4.2, with an improved MFS. There is a change log in the next link:

http://cache.freescale.com/files/soft_dev_tools/doc/support_info/MQXCHLGUG.pdf

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos

reinhardgrauli
Contributor I

Hello,

may be that's right. First I tried the new (from MQX4.2) sdcard low level driver. I found, that after a write() call there should be a fflush() and my filetest loop worked fine.

In the next step we found, that a copy from sd_card to usb_drive didn't work and stops working after some MB transfered filedata.

Now I took the mfs and usb part from MQX4.2 and it looks fine (for the moment). Only a few optimizations in USB_host_cnf are done.

(all this troubles never happend in MQX4.0.2)

a few hours later ...

there is a problem with _io_seek() und _io_read() call in a loop, while scanning text from a file. This issue is new and doesn't exist in MQX 4.1 (or 4.0.2). ...

Regards

Reinhard Grauli

0 Kudos